Permanent Resident Cards in Bolivia
Bolivia is a wonderful country in South America that attracts tourists with its beautiful nature, rich culture, and abundance of tourist attractions. After deciding to move to Bolivia for the long haul, one will have to consider having a permanent resident card processed. In this article, we will tell you which documents you need to obtain permanent residence in Bolivia and how to process a permanent resident card.
Be forewarned that the process of obtaining a permanent resident card in Bolivia is at times a cumbersome, time-consuming procedure, so we recommend getting help from the immigration lawyers in the country.
Documents required to obtain a permanent resident card in Bolivia:
- Passport (copy and original).
- Photographs (4, each sized 4 x 4 cm).
- Police record (original with a translation into Spanish).
- Medical statement on applicant's health condition (original with a translation into Spanish).
- Evidence of financial solvency (bank statement, other documents confirming that the person has sufficient funds to reside in Bolivia).
Permanent resident cards in Bolivia are processed in the following stages:
- Obtaining a temporary visa (VITEM-V) at the Bolivian consulate in your country.
- Submitting an application for a permanent resident card along with the required documents at the immigration center after arriving in Bolivia.
- Completing a medical checkup and providing fingerprints.
- Payment of the government fee for processing a permanent resident card.
* The average wait period for permanent resident cards to be examined in Bolivia is up to 60 days.
Don't forget that after obtaining a permanent resident card in Bolivia you are required to reside in the country for at least 6 months out of the year. Also, foreigners residing in Bolivia on a tourist visa cannot apply for a permanent resident card. The individual will have to return to their country and obtain a temporary visa (VITEM-V) at the Bolivian consulate.
Upon obtaining a permanent resident card in Bolivia, a foreigner identification card will be processed (CIE) which is an official document valid throughout the country. In the case that a card is lost or destroyed, it will need to be restored by immediately visiting the Immigration Office.
Despite particular difficulties in processing a permanent resident card in Bolivia, the country for many is an excellent place to live and work. Thanks to the low prices for real estate and services there, as well as the pleasant climate and beautiful nature, Bolivia has been attracting more and more foreign citizens every year. If you are ready to move to this wonderful country for a lengthy period of time, obtaining a permanent resident card in Bolivia is the first, necessary step toward starting a new life there.
If you need help preparing your documents to apply for a permanent resident card in Bolivia (requests, translation and certification of Russian documents), we are always happy to help you. We are true professionals when it comes to these issues!