Obtaining a Permanent Resident Card in Ecuador
Ecuador is a beautiful South American country, famous for its unique ecosystems, cultural attractions, and picturesque landscapes. If you've decided to resettle to Ecuador for a long period of time, you’ll want to consider obtaining a permanent resident card.
Documents necessary to obtain a permanent resident card in Ecuador:
- Passport (copy and original).
- Photographs (4 of them sized 4 х 4 cm).
- Police record (original with translation into Spanish).
- Medical record on health condition (original with translation into Spanish).
- Evidence of financial solvency: that could be a bank statement or other documents confirming that you have sufficient funds to reside in Ecuador.
Applying for a permanent resident card in Ecuador consists of several stages:
- Obtaining a temporary visa (TP-11) at the Ecuadoran consulate in your country.
- Applying for a permanent resident card at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs after arriving in Ecuador.
- Completing a medical checkup and signing up for medical insurance.
- Gathering and providing the required documents to obtain a permanent resident card.
- Paying the government fee for processing a permanent resident card.
*The time period for examining an application for a permanent resident card in Ecuador varies from 30 to 90 days.
After the foreigner's documents are reviewed, the foreigner is issued a foreigner identification card which is an official document valid throughout Ecuador. A foreigner identification card gives the person the right to live and work in the country for a period of one year. After the year is over, the card will need to be extended.
If you need help with preparing, translating, and certifying your Russian documents to apply for a permanent resident card in Ecuador, we are always happy to help you out, since we are true professionals when it comes to these procedures!